Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thoughts from IDE


 A thought from someone with shitty lungs and dusty fingers.... Production can be a form of instant gratification. If you rhyme on top of producing... as soon as theres something close to a rhythm, your reaching for the pen. Which can comprises the beat and the rhyme. For a decade my production style was entirely random in that, I would sit down grab up some records from my pile and just go through them. When I heard something dope I would keep the sample going like that until my MPC was full. These days I spend a lot more time digging than I do actually producing. The last 2-3 months I have been really focused on getting some of the rarest, dopest, most obscure shit to sample from around the world. And I have found some serious treasures. Not many producers will keep the MPC off for a few months just to plan but these other producers are not going to have samples like this. The next set of beats you will hear from me will be my early work from 2011 which I will start releasing on various CJM projects. You will get a hint of the evolution. The stuff im working on now is going to be some of the most important stuff I've done to date. About to go in!!! Just thought I'd share.

-IDE  

Be sure to stay in the know with whats going on with IDE as well as the rest of the CJM fam at...

No comments:

Post a Comment