Saturday, September 11, 2010

Earl Sweatshirt - EARL (Video)



So there is this collective of young emcees "Odd Future". I'm gonna assume they're from Cali. Not sure just yet, just found out they even existed while randomly browsing the Mishka blog.
For a while I had given up on the youth of today. I thought I was part of the last generation of kids who grew up with a sense of culture, substance, and wonder. You see the trends and hear the music and can only shake your head.

I may be speaking prematurely but it appears not all kids today are shallow, vain, or to put it simply......fucking retarded. We still got a ways to go.

Here is one of these little bastards...Earl Sweatshirt. This vid is hilarious, dark, low budget, and highly creative. This kid can spit and its so refreshing to hear someone this young have such a vivid imagination. Reminds me of when we used to take acid and break night rhyming and discussing the intricacies of the human psyche. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment